The Admission Arrangement for the 2023/24 School Year
(A) Admission procedures according to the Education Bureau
Parents submit the Application for "Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission"
School arrange for the Interview
School inform applicants of the Application Result
5th - 7th Jan, 2023
“Centralised Registration dates”, parents may register on time and submit the “Registration Certificate for KG admission”
(B) Collection of application Forms (No quota):
1. Download from school website
2. Obtain from school in person
(C) Distribution Period:
1. Date: Monday, 1/8/2022 to Thursday, 27/10/2022
2. Time: Monday to Friday (9:30-11:30am / 1:30-4:00pm)
(D) Return of Application Forms
1. Date: Tuesday, 2/8/2022 to Friday, 28/10/2022
2. Time: Monday to Friday (9:30-11:30am / 1:30-4:00pm)
3. Return method: Please register in person with the required documents to register at the school.
4. The school will arrange for an interview in November. When the registration form is submitted,
the interview time will be arranged.
5. Registration fee: HK$30 (received when submitting the application form). No matter whether
the application is successful or not, the registration fee will not be refunded.
(E) Application for “2023/24 Registration Certificate for KG admission”
- According to the “Free Quality Kindergarten Education Scheme” (hereafter referred to as “Scheme”) that implemented by the Government. Each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred as “RC”) to EDB from September to November 2022. The “RC” will be open for applications from September 2022. At the same time, EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website (https://www.edb.gov.hk). Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a student cannot obtain an “RC” as he/she can receive education in Hong Kong but is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme, EDB will then issue a“Kindergarten Admission Pass” (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the student concerned for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents concerned are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted.
- According to the mechanism of the Education Bureau providing free quality kindergarten education, the validity period of the “Registration Certificate” is generally three years. If parents arrange for their children to receive kindergarten education for more than three years, they are generally required to pay the full tuition fee before deduction of the scheme subsidy. Under special circumstances (for example, relevant registered medical practitioners or professionals have certified that the children have special needs, so that their years of study in kindergartens are longer than the normal three years), parents may apply to the Education Bureau to extend the validity period of the “Registration Certificate”. Kindergartens should notify parents by letter to tell the matters they need to pay attention to when parents express their intention to arrange for their children to receive kindergarten education for more than three years.
(F) Interview Arrangements
- The kindergarten will arrange interview for all applicants
- The date and time of interview will be notified when the application form is submitted
- Group Interview
- Parents should accompany their child for the interview
- Please contact us at 29436611 or email email@example.com if interpretation / translation service if required during the interview with non-Chinese speaking (NCS) applicants. We also allow NCS parents and children to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative/friend during the interview to facilitate communication.vide translations for non-Chinese speaking children as needed
(G) Admission criteria
* The applicant Interview performance (80%)
* Parent Performance (Courtesy, Parenting Ideas, etc...) (15%)
* The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten (5%)
* The applicant from families in need and the interview performance will be given due priority consideration when applying for whole day classes.
(As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants
fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
(H) Announcement of Admission Results and Registration Arrangements
- We will inform parents of the K1 admission results before Monday, 16 December 2022 by post.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 5-6/1/2023 9:00am to 4:00pm or Saturday, 7/1/2023 9:00am-10:00am by submitting the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten. The registration fee for half day class is $950 and full-time class is $1500. The fee will not be refunded after the registration.
- Withdrawal notice:If you want to give up your degree after the registration, please notify the school by letter to confirm it, and bring the registration certificate receipt to the school to get your registration certificate back.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “RC” / “AP” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
- Under the 22-23 Education Bureau Quality Kindergarten Education Policy, half-day classes do not need to pay tuition fees, full-time classes still need to bear part of the cost, but the tuition fee for the new school year still needs to be approved by the Education Bureau. The exact amount will be notified to parents before new school year opening in September. Parents can still apply for tuition reduction if necessary. Remarks: The tuition fee for Full-time classes in 21-22 is $260/ month and the lunch fee is $490/ month.(Ten times a year)
(I) Briefing for Freshmen: Saturday, 15/10/2022, 9:30-11:00 am (Chinese version only). Registration Form can be downloaded from the school website.
For non-Chinese speaking parent enquiry:
Tel: 29436611 Miss Tai Email: firstname.lastname@example.org